OPEN CALL FOR ENTRIES
All genres welcome, including, but not limited to documentary, animation, narrative, experimental, music, and non-fiction short films, shot in any format
MISSION & OBJECTIVE
The Pacific Coast International Short Film Festival’s (PCISFF) goals are:
• To motivate filmmakers, to share the stories they create.
• Encourage the growth of short films and filmmaking by providing an audience.
• Encourage stories that focus on the arts and artists.
• Cultivate the careers of film directors, producers and screenwriters working in the short independent film sector
- Only films with a maximum running time of 15 minutes or less will be considered. There is no minimum running time.
- All non-English films must have English sub-titles.
- Works-in-progress will not be considered.
- Films must be submitted (uploaded) onto submission site in MOV or MP4 format in High Definition, no smaller than 1280 x 720, preferably full HD at 1920 x 1080
- Do NOT submit stills or press kits. If your film is selected, we you will be asked to submit stills and press information.
- Exhibition format will be from high definition downloaded films from site website onto a compilation disc.
- All selected films for the Festival must grant the Pacific Coast Short Festival the rights to use for press materials for promotional purposes.
- Films must NOT have screened in a SHORT-ONLY film festival in Southern California.
- Multiple entries are accepted; however, each film requires its own completed submission form and entrance fee.
- All films selected for the PCISFF grant the rights to upload a clip/trailer online for promotional purposes.
- Films currently in distribution through public media or any kind, including broadcast television or internet streaming at the time of the Festival exhibition date will not be accepted.
- Please no phone calls.
- No fee waivers will be permitted.
- Entrance fees may be paid by credit card, money orders or checks made payable to Torrance Cultural Arts Foundation.
- Foreign entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Entries will not be viewed until payment has been cleared.
- A digital copy of all selected films for the Festival will be kept by the Foundation for historical record.
- No late submissions will be accepted.
- No fee waiver
Deadline for Submissions: Monday March 13, 2017 at 5:00pm
Festival Screening: Saturday April 29, 2017 at 8:00 pm
James Armstrong Theatre
3330 Civic Center Drive
Torrance, CA 90631